Acai Berry Powder
Acai Berry Powder comes straight from Acai Berries (pronounced ah-sigh-ee) harvested in the flood plains of South America. This nutritional powerhouse is one of the most antioxidant-rich foods in the world and has been used medicinally for thousands of years by native tribes in the Amazon rain forest. It is a great source of monounsaturated (healthy) fats, dietary fiber, and phytosterols, which support cardiovascular health.
The acai berry is no bigger than a grape or blueberry, yet it packs more than 10 times the antioxidants of red grapes and 10-30 times the anthoxanthins of red wine. For thousands of years, native tribes of the Amazon rain forest have known the healing properties of the acai berry, and now these secrets are available to the rest of the world.
The Acai Berry’s blend of monounsaturated fats, dietary fiber, and protein makes it a true Superfood. Its natural antioxidant properties promote general well being, boost stamina, and increase mental alertness. Mixing our Acai Berry Powder into your morning yogurt or smoothie is a great way to combat the negative effects of cholesterol and to support good skin health.
While much research is still being conducted, some of the possible health benefits of our Acai Berry Powder may include:
- May be effective in promoting a strong immune system
- Extremely high in antioxidants
- May be beneficial for supporting positive cholesterol levels
- May help to increase energy, mental alertness, and general well-being
- May be useful in promoting cell regeneration and healthy tissue growth
- May be effective for a healthy digestive system
- May help to protect your skin and organs against premature aging
- May be helpful for cell regeneration and healthy tissue growth by neutralizing free radicals that can lead to cancer
The recommended daily usage is 1-2 teaspoons. As with all super food powders, listen to your body, as you may find that either a smaller or higher intake is more suitable to your body. We recommend that you start with the recommended daily amount, and, if desired, gradually increase or decrease your daily consumption.This powder blends well with juice, rice or soy milk, and yogurt, or can be added to your favorite smoothie. It can also be mixed into your homemade energy bars. While you can add this powder to a variety of recipes, raw food enthusiasts avoid cooking or heating in order to preserve the food’s nutritional value.
If cared for properly, our Acai Berry Powder has a shelf life of two to three years. To preserve the freshness of this product:
- Avoid exposure to heat. The powder will remain fresh if stored at room temperature or below.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
- Squeeze all of the air out of the bag before sealing.
- Seal the bag tightly after each use.
- Store the powder in a dry place, and avoid all contact with moisture.
We package all of our herbal and fruit powders in a heat sealed mylar bag which serves as a very effective barrier to light, oxygen, odors, flavors, moisture, and bacteria. The bag can be resealed with any household iron or curling iron.
Acai Berry, Açai d’Amazonie, Acai Extract, Acai Fruit, Acai Palm, Amazon Acai, Amazon Acai Berry, Assai, Assai Palm, Baie d’Acai, Baie de Palmier Pinot, Cabbage Palm, Chou Palmiste, Extrait d’Acai, Fruit d’Acai, Palmier d’Acai
Country of Origin