Blood Pressure (Low) Hypotension Herbal Remedies
A person suffering from low BP should consume diet rich in B vitamins (especially B12), vitamin C, proteins, calcium and iron. Green leafy vegetables, fresh juicy fruits, milk and eggs should be included the diet. Drink lots of water to keep the body hydrated.
Regular use of honey, turmeric, garlic and asafetida in the diet works as a natural cure for low blood pressure. One should reduce the intake of tea, coffee, alcohol, artificial sweeteners, fried foods and refined sugar in order to keep a check on low blood pressure.
Ginseng is very productive when it comes on curing blood pressure. Ginseng increases blood flow in vessels by producing nitric acid and give relieve from symptoms of low blood pressure.
- Taking ginseng in raw form can be helpful.
- Also in form of tea, it is effective.
Next in the list is turmeric because of its great effect on treating low blood pressure which happens because of digestion troubles. Being anti-inflammatory in nature makes it effective for steadying metabolism rate of body which stimulates blood pressure. It is also anti-oxidant in nature so it fights diseases which effects body.
- Take warm milk and add one teaspoon turmeric powder.
- Mix them together and drink before going to bed.
Cinnamon is good source of making blood circulation normal in body. Presence of iron, manganese and calcium makes it reliable source of these product. Cinnamon not only makes circulation of blood better in body but also improves digestion which can also become reason of low blood pressure.
- Take cinnamon stick and add it in boiling water.
- After few minutes remove it from stove and strain it.
- Drink it as suggested by herbalist.
Rosemary is another herb which can be used for treating low blood pressure. It is a best source of treating headache and disturbed digestion which happens because of low blood pressure. It eases its pain by stable blood circulation in body.
- Take dried rosemary 2 or 3 g. Add it in boiling water of 1 liter.
- Leave it for boiling till 10 minutes. After that strain it and drink it.
- Use daily but not more than 4 g per day.
Stinging nettle is helpful in treating low blood pressure as it helps in blood production which fulfills the need of blood in body and prevents low blood pressure.
- Take 2/3 cup of boiling water.
- Add 3teaspoon of dried leaf in that boiling water.
- Leave it for 5 minutes then strain and drink it.
- Take 3 cups per day. Also increases intake of water too till its usage.
Fruits and vegetables
Ginger can be used to treat low blood pressure and its symptom. It give ease from headache, nausea etc which are followed by low blood pressure. It stimulates blood circulation in body and prevents it from coming back.
Garlic is usually used to treat problems related to heart but it is also effective against problem of blood pressure. Its intake constant blood circulation and makes it flow normal which gives relieve from low blood pressure problem.
Potato is rich with potassium and magnesium. These two keeps blood flow steady in body and eases low blood pressure.
Banana happens to be rich with Vitamin B which helps steadying blood pressure. Also being soft and good in taste makes it easy to eat while suffering from headache because of low blood pressure.
Causes of Low Blood Pressure
Some of the common causes for low blood pressure include the following:
- Medications: Some medicines such as diuretics that treat high blood pressure, heart medications like beta blockers, and angiotensin may cause low blood pressure. Medicines used to treat anxiety, depression, and central nervous disorders can increase the risk of orthostatic hypotension.
- Heart Problems: Some heart conditions such as extremely low heart rate, heart valve problems, and a heart attack can lead to low blood pressure. These conditions prevent the body from circulating enough blood, thus resulting in hypotension.
- Pregnancy: Many women experience low blood pressure during pregnancy as a womens circulatory system expands during this time.
Other Causes Include:
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Endocrine problems
- Blood loss
- Severe infection
- Allergic reaction
Suggestions for Low Blood Pressure
Hypotension can be treated and managed easily, which is why its important that you do not neglect the warning signs. Instead seek prompt medical attention. In addition, here are some tips to cope with hypotension and alleviate the symptoms.
- Avoid standing still or in one place for an extended period
- Avoid sudden changing of positions
- Try and avoid hot and dry environments as far as possible
- Keep yourself well hydrated at all times
- Eat smaller, more frequent meals
- Compression stockings (available commercially) help raise blood pressure in the legs; consult your doctor regarding their use