The health benefits of Oregano Essential Oil can be attributed to its properties like anti viral, anti bacterial, anti fungal, anti parasitic, anti oxidant, anti inflammatory, digestive, emenagogue and anti allergenic.
The Essential Oil of Oregano is extracted through steam distillation of fresh leaves of Oregano, bearing the scientific name Oreganum Vulgare. Its chief components are Carvacrol, Thymol, Cymene, Caryophyllene, Pinene, Bisabolene, Linalool, Borneol, Geranyl Acetate, Linalyl Acetate and Terpinene. The disinfectant and anti bacterial properties of this oil were recognized in ancient Greece where they used for treating bacterial infections on skin, wounds and otherwise and also to protect food stuff from bacteria. It is a plant of higher altitudes and normally grows in mountains, thus getting the name Oregano which means “Delight of the Mountains”.
Apart from being recognized for its anti microbial properties, this oil has many other medicinal properties. These properties are listed as under.
• Anti Viral: It gives protection against viral infections. This means you become immune against cold, mumps, measles, pox and other problems created by virus.
• Anti Bacterial: Just as it protects you against viral infections, it protects you against bacterial infections too. This gives you protections against most of the diseases caused by bacteria, such as infections in colon, urinary tract etc., typhoid, cholera, sores, skin infections and temporary problems such as food poisoning.
• Anti Fungal: Virus, bacteria, fungi and protozoa are the four agents which are responsible for all types of communicable and infectious diseases. Out of these, fungi are responsible for some of the dreaded and fatal infections, internal and external. They cause some ugly infections of ear, nose and throat, which if not treated early, may reach the brain and prove fatal. Many skin infections are also caused by these fungi. Oregano Oil, if used regularly, internally or externally, can protect us effectively against these fungal infections.
• Anti Oxidant: This property turns out to be very beneficial in the long run. This protects you from the damages done to the body by the free radicals or oxidants, neutralizes the free radicals and repairs the damages already done. This slows down aging and protects from certain cancers, macular degeneration, degeneration of muscle due to aging, wrinkles, loss of vision and hearing, nervous disorders and many such ailments related to aging and effects of free radicals.
• Anti Inflammatory: This oil is good on sedating any type of inflammation, internal or external, caused due to any reason.
• Anti Parasitic: Many types of parasites, such as round worms, tape worms, lice, bed bugs, mosquitoes, fleas etc., some living inside human body and some outside, use human body as a source of food as well as act as carriers of communicable diseases. Oregano Essential Oil, when ingested, gets you rid of intestinal worms. Applied externally, it keeps away lice, bed bugs, mosquitoes, fleas etc.
• Anti Allergenic: This is another aspect of sedating property of Oregano Essential Oil. Allergy is hyper-reaction of body towards external stimuli. Oregano Oil, being sedative in nature, calms down this hyper-sensitivity and hence gives relief from allergy.
• Digestive: Oregano Oil promotes digestion by increasing secretion of digestive juices.
• Emenagogue: This oil is also beneficial for regularizing menstruations and pushing away menopause. Those who are suffering from obstructed menses may get a relief from this.
• Other Benefits: Helps heal Psoriasis, Eczema, Athlete’s foot, flu and other infectious ailments. Further, it can be used to treat bacterial infections like E Coli, Giardiasis and food poisoning. It relieves congestion.
Certain studies reveal that it is as powerful a painkiller as the best ones in the market, with the added benefit that it is without the side effects.
Few Words of Caution: It can cause irritation of skin and mucus membrane, if taken in higher concentrations or dosages. Pregnant women should avoid using it.
Blending: Essential Oil of Oregano blends well with essential oils of Lavender, Rosemary, Bergamot, Chamomile, Cypress, Cedar Wood, Tea Tree and Eucalyptus
We offer our customers the highest quality, pure, unadulterated essential oils at the most affordable price and the best quality. Shipping is available to the lower 48 continental United States only.
We also offer custom blends for special needs.
Please contact us for more information at email@example.com
By ordering, you the customer, accept full responsibility that the product will be used in a rational and informed manner. Illness or negative reactions can occur from excessive consumption, individual sensitivites and allergic reactions. Individuals who are pregnant or with an existing medical condition should seek qualified expert advice before using essential oils.